Energy Options for Transport
Launch Event for ERP report
Thursday 21st April 2016, 1:30pm-4pm
The Energy Research Partnership (ERP) hosted an event to launch its report on Energy Options for Transport. This project has considered interactions between the transport and energy sectors, to determine implications of decarbonisation strategies. The project scope is outlined here.
The report was summarised by Simon Cran-McGreehin of the ERP (see slides):
- outlines approaches for decarbonising transport;
- highlights key steps needed for each approach, their implications for the wider energy sector, and the risks facing delivery of those key steps;
- recommends actions to address risks and implications.
The event was chaired by Phil Blythe, the Chief Scientific Advisor at DfT, with presentations by a panel of guest speakers:
- Andy Eastlake of the Low CVP discussed development of vehicles
- Liam Lidstone of the ETI discussed user interactions and energy systems integration (slides here)
- Bob Moran of OLEV provided a government perspective (slides here)
There was discussion with the panel and attendees (meeting note available here).
For more information, please contact email@example.com.